View Single Post
Old January 6, 2012, 08:09 PM   #5
lefteye

Quote:
With regard toward blue vs s/s and wood vs synthetic, in terms of aesthetics, I much prefer walnut (not laminate) and blued steel. This has to be a personal choice in terms of function vs form. I may like the looks(form) of walnut and blued steel better but there's no question that s/s and/or synthetic and laminated stocks offer a more stable platform and less care needed for preventive maintenance (function).
I generally agree. I have a Ruger 77 .243, blued, nice walnut stock, glass bedded and free floated with a mediocre factory trigger; a Remington 700 BDL .270 left hand with a Brown Precision synthetic stock, glass bedded and free floated with a nice, carefully adjusted factory trigger; a Browning A-Bolt Stainless Stalker .300 Win Mag left hand with the Browning synthetic stock, glass bedded and free floated and factory trigger improved by a gunsmith. All three of these rifles shoot better than MOA with hand loads.

I recommend these three brands/models based on quality, reliability, accuracy and appearance. Of course, other brands at similar prices may be just as good.

Last edited by lefteye; January 6, 2012 at 08:15 PM.

Page generated in 0.03822 seconds with 8 queries