View Single Post
Old September 3, 2009, 10:01 AM   #8
xjmox14x

That's funny, almost the EXACT same thing happened to me Sunday night around 12:30am. My fiance woke me up and said that our doorbell rang... I didn't even hear it (I was PASSED OUT). I asked her if it was our doorbell..

To which she looked at me bewildered and kind of gave response along the lines of, "Why would I care if someone ELSE'S doorbell rang??"

I was in a deep sleep... leave me alone.

Anywho, I checked outside from our window (2 floor townhouse) but couldn't see anything. Door bell rang again and again. I grabbed the shotgun and head downstairs. I peaked out one of our side windows to get a better view from under the front awning. I didn't want to move the blinds at all to give away my position, but I saw a man in a red shirt walking back and forth very close to the door. Of course I wasn't expecting this, and if someone is ringing my doorbell at 12:30am on a work night, you better have a damn good reason. So anyway, I tell my fiance (still waiting upstairs) to call 911. After 10-15 minutes, PD showed up and I explained the situation. Turns out a guy in a red shirt was down the street some ways helping load a car up. My guess is that he went to a friends house to help out and just got the address wrong.

Looking back, what could I have done differently? I think that after I saw the person out front, it would've been a smart move to move back upstairs, and use the bedroom window to ask if I could help the gentleman to better assess the situation. Wrong house? No problem, have a good night. Suspicious questions/answers? The doors stay locked and 911 is getting a phone call. The last thing I would like to do, and I'm glad I didn't, is to open the front door to confront the gentleman. Locked doors and windows are your first line of defense, I'm not about to unlock the door and let a Trojan Horse into my living room if I don't know you.

Page generated in 0.03369 seconds with 8 queries