View Single Post
Old May 20, 2008, 11:28 PM   #7
Slopemeno

Over at RCGroups, lots of guys in the slope forum are doing videos of their planes flying. One addition to the helmet cam they've found works is an aperture made of anything (even a paperclip bent to shape) to give you a frame of reference as to where the helmet/cam is looking. If you search for "DawsonH" he's posted lots of videos he shot while solo on the slope in Northern Arizona near Sheeba Crater and Mormon Lake overlook. The guy flies some amazing acro. Careful...another hobby may hook you.

HobbyLobby sells the Flycam-1 if youre looking for a great plane-mounted video camera. REALLY clear video, with a head you can position. It's about the size of a large cigarette lighter. Where I fly slope we lose planes in the heavy coyote brush and poison oak out near the ocean, and we've pretty much decided that flying over the area with a plane equipped with the camera is the lowest-effort route to recovering a lost plane.

I'll see if I can find the video of the lost "Rodent" and attach it. Ah, too large...

Page generated in 0.02876 seconds with 8 queries