View Single Post
Old March 29, 2001, 12:07 AM   #8
Cruzer

Correct. There are 1,081 single button combinations and 1,081 multiple button combinations for a total of 2,162 (not quite 2,200). Having said that, Simplex lock multiple button codes are finicky (you have to press them exactly at the same time). Most people recommend against using multiple codes with a Simplex because when you're nervous, you don't want to mess with a finicky combination.

Now, how do you get in if you forget the combination? From the handgunsafe.com site:

"(3) You can also try random entry of possible combinations, not as hard as it sounds if you remember parts of your combination, call us."

Yep! It isn't that hard. At 5-10 seconds a random try, you could open the safe, on average, within 2 hours - and frequently in less time. I don't know how you use the lockout or tamper features - I've never heard of these on a Simplex lock. I would advise against a lockout - 'cause if you forget the combination you're gonna have to torch the sucker. The tamper feature won't be useful after someone's hacked the Simplex lock.

Page generated in 0.02547 seconds with 8 queries