View Single Post
Old November 27, 2012, 09:49 PM   #1
Deja vu

Evolution of hand guns.

Today I was at the range talking to one of the old timmers and he pointed out how handguns have evolved.

He talked about how times had changed from revolvers to 1911s to glocks. He was talking about how he feels bad that revolvers have stopped evolving.

I pointed out to him that revolvers are still evolving they are just taking a different path. While Autos have evolved in to plastic double stacked self defense guns, revolvers have evolved more toward hunting. Over time revolvers have evolved from the standard 38 special to the 357 magnum to the 44 magnum to the 454 casul to the 460 and 500 magnum.

I dont know why I am posting this other than to point out that revolvers are still evolving even today, they just appear to be evolving a different direction. For the foreseeable future Automatics will probably be king of the hill but until no body hand gun hunts any more there will always be a place for revolvers.

all 26 of my guns are 45/70 govt, 357 mag, 22 or 12 ga... I believe in keeping it simple. Wish my wife did as well...

Last edited by Deja vu; November 27, 2012 at 09:56 PM.

Page generated in 0.03088 seconds with 8 queries