View Single Post
Old July 1, 1999, 12:39 PM   #18
Rob Pincus

Cheapo,

One of your comments really hit homewith me. THe idea that IDPA be taken over by CCW people is interesting. At first, I think that is a great idea. But, there are places where that is not practical. For example, an IDPA club in NJ would probably not have any legal CCW permit holders. In that club, I would stress "at home" scenarios. Or in Aizona or Vermont, where open carry is more prevelant than other places, I could see a lot of open carry scearios. But, for TN, FL, or other states where the most popular form of carry is conceled, I really think that concealed carry should be stressed. If anything, the drawing from concelament is only going to improve your draw in general.. and keep it from being sloppy.
I have no problem with the "sitting at home" scenarios.. except that I have kids and I would not likely have a loaded gun on the table or nightstand next to me.
The "gun in hand" scenarios also make some sense, especially for LEOs, who often have their guns out in dangerous situations.

------------------
-Essayons

Page generated in 0.02042 seconds with 8 queries