View Single Post
Old November 27, 2012, 05:59 PM   #42
redneck

Got home from work with about an hour of legal light left. I've been bowhunting for a couple weeks and nothing has been getting in range. Its gun season this week, so I grabbed my orange vest, mossberg 500, and knife and started out the door.
Looked across the field and saw this fella wandering slowly down the fence row. I cut straight across and then slowly worked my way along my side of the fence until I came to an opening. Stepped through and was about 75 yrds from him, he was nearly broadside quartering slightly away. I dropped to a knee and shot him before he could bolt. Shot was a little high and too far back but it anchored him. Shot him again and got both lungs and that was it. Less than 10 minutes from parking my truck to tagging him.

I was shooting 12 gauge hornady SST slugs from a mossberg 500 slug gun. Not sure what to think of them. The 1st shot was devastating, I posted a picture of the exit wound. Field dressing was not any fun. The 2nd shot broke a rib on each side, and punched through the lungs but didnt seem to expand any. Neither slug was recovered.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg buck1.jpg (55.4 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg buck3.jpg (60.9 KB, 34 views)

Page generated in 0.04862 seconds with 9 queries