View Single Post
Old May 8, 2008, 10:23 AM   #14
UniversalFrost

ok, didn't read the entire thread, but had to jump in with my 2 cents after seems only a couple folks mentioned this.

Get at least 2 different reloading manuals. I would start out with the Lyman 47 or 48th edition and then maybe a lee manual. Also, get the ABC's of reloading.

When loading always compare load data from the different manuals. Even load manuals have typo's or errors. Also, the powder companies have free load data in print and online. Go to the IMR website (google it) and then follow the links to the load section and it has a nice drop down list for each seperate caliber.

Personally I would start out loading the 9x19 and then move on up to the 30/06 . Now, if you have carbide dies you still have to lube the brass every so often ( i do it about evey 10-15 rounds) to help the process go smoother.

Also, read all the stickies at the top of this part of the forum and then reread them. So good info there.

if you have questions feel free to ask.

Also, lee is a good start, but eventually you will want better (and let the Lee lovers start bashing me now).

JOE

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green

Page generated in 0.03422 seconds with 8 queries