View Single Post
Old August 5, 2013, 01:53 AM   #5
Lost Sheep

Congratulations on your permits. My condolences for having to prove to a bureaucrat that you are worthy to own means of (take your choice..defending yourself, enjoying a sport, hunting, whatever). Please pardon my little pontification.

If we knew more about your goals, we could advise you better. Woods self defense is vastly different (depending on what woods you frequent) than city or suburbs self defense. Hunting is a different sport than most of the forms of target shooting.

Some people like to have handguns in the same caliber(s) as their other guns (e.g. my Ruger Bisley single action revolver chambers 45 ACP in one cylinder, the same as my 1911 guns). It makes the logistics of reloading simpler for them.

Do you reload? It widens the selection. For example, 454 Casull and 500 Smith are terribly expensive at full retail and 41 Magnum's selection of power levels is limited unless you can roll your own.

Help us help you. Picking someone else's gun is about as difficult as picking their future spouse.

Lost Sheep

Page generated in 0.02292 seconds with 8 queries