View Single Post
Old May 26, 2008, 09:57 PM   #20
22-rimfire

It is a novelty piece. I wanted one from the day they were introduced and they were in the $300 price range then. Still have not bought one as I have other higher priority firearms on my list.

I think it would make a reasonable home defense gun loaded with 0000 buck. I think of it as sending many small projectiles in the direction of the target rather than one and it would point a lot quicker than a shotgun. Do I really care if it shoots 45LC well? No; but it will probably group okay at defensive ranges.

Snake gun? The only snakes that I would shoot with it are Water Moccasins. I don't kill rattle snakes or copperheads any more unless they bite me. That has not happened and I have seen a lot of them in the woods. But if that is your thing, 20 feet is an acceptable range for shot on a snake. It is hard to hit them with handguns in general.

I think it could be a good companion piece in the woods. It is not a heavy gun and should carry pretty easy in a holster in both barrel lengths.

With the success that Taurus has had, I have wondered why another company has not introduced a similar revolver. A screw in chock may work good enough to make it more practical as a shotgun.

It is a fun gun. I will let it go at that.

Page generated in 0.03009 seconds with 8 queries