View Single Post
Old July 11, 2013, 08:08 AM   #12
loose_holster_dan

both those cz's and the sig are great guns. easy to shoot. very accurate. but i think you're wasting width if you only need 10 rounds. if you've never carried before, even medium size gun is going to feel like you're smuggling a solid lead 2x4 in your pants. however, since i'm assuming you're new to shooting as well, a tiny gun is going to be hard for you to get accurate with.

they aren't made anymore, but see if you can find an old p225. it's a single stack sig.

and for a far left field suggestion, take a look at the hk p7. it's also not made anymore, and fetches a hefty price tag, but it's one of my favorite guns ever made. you can find some with a little more wear on them in the $600 range, and if you're lucky, you can find one at $700 in near mint condition like i did. while not a true DA/SA pistol in the classic sense, the manual does reference DA and SA firing. it operates on a "squeeze-cocking" method. when you grab the grip, the front of the grip squeezes into the frame, thus cocking the pistol and putting it into SA. when you release the grip, the pistol safely de-cocks itself and will not fire. the size is great for carry. it is a bit heavy, but with the right holster and belt, it's manageable. IMO it's the easiest gun for a beginner to look like a pro. it's intuitive point-shoot aiming is unmatched. it also boasts a gas blow back recoil management system. a major disadvantage is the EXTREMELY high cost of extra mags. you'd be lucky to find one for $50. $70 is standard.
"A Sig is like a lightsaber - not as clumsy or random as a Glock."

Page generated in 0.02586 seconds with 8 queries