View Single Post
Old January 19, 2000, 05:57 PM   #1
Hueco

Hey all! I would like to begin coyote hunting (gee...have you heard THAT somewhere before? Oh yeah...the subject!). And I know very little. I have a .22 Mag, so I think I am set on firepower as long as I keep it under 125 yds. Now, what about calling? What calls should I get? I am looking at a set of three predator calls in the Cabelas catalog. Any good? What SHOULD I get? And for coyote hunting -- is Missouri considered east or west? And any other tips that you want to pass along would be great! Thanks!!

(added)
I just read through the archives for coyote hunting info. I noticed the tape-player method mentioned a lot. Sounds like a fairly good idea! So would I have to get a call, then record myself? (I hate the sound of my own cotton-tail voice on tape ) Or are there commercially available tapes? I would much rather just call them in...but if it just does NOT work, then I will go to a tape. We'll see. And then there is the burning question. What to do with the "bodies?" I will be hunting mostly in a conservation area...so I don't think leaving the guys to rot will work, will it? Let me know about all this! Thanks!!

Hueco

[This message has been edited by Hueco (edited January 19, 2000).]

Page generated in 0.03740 seconds with 8 queries