View Single Post
Old January 14, 2013, 01:45 PM   #8
muggsjunior

We've got to take responsibility

I'm afraid I may be in the minority here, but we've got to own up. Hear me out.

Individually, and as a society, we must begin to take responsibility for our decisions. I've taken some of these medications. I know how powerful they are. Even so they never forced me to do anything. I chose, and still choose how to act and what to do. I grew up among the video game generation. Violent games never forced my hand at anything. My personal struggles in middle school have never forced me to do anything. The cause of anything I do, say, eat or anything else does not contribute. The only contributing factor is my personal will. I choose my actions. And Adam Lanza CHOSE to murder those who died in Newtown. His exposure to guns, violence on television, medications, personal demons did not make the choice for him. The reason gun control is even being considered as an option to thwart more killings is because no one wants to blame Adam Lanza. We've become convinced that humanity is basically good, therefore something else must cause events like those in Columbine, Paducah, and Newtown. Mankind isn't basically good. We chose to be good, or bad, or somewhere in between; and we've got to take the responsibility for our decisions, and place the responsibility for others' action on them.

Page generated in 0.02861 seconds with 8 queries