View Single Post
Old January 17, 2012, 02:49 PM   #1
FrankenMauser

MidwayUSA blew it this time...

I normally don't complain much about Midway, but my most recent order was/is ridiculous.

I ordered R-P .444 Marlin brass. I received bulk-packaged brass (it was not specified, as Midway has been doing for quite some time). At $90 per 100 pieces... the damage done to these cases by being bulk packaged is unacceptable.

I ordered 100 R-P brass .223 Rem cases, since they were on sale. I received 100 nickel-plated cases, instead.

I ordered one box of .44 cal Hornady 265 gr FTX bullets. I received two boxes.

I ordered an electronic Predator call (clearance ). They sent me "The Truth 10" (Primos Elk hunting DVD), instead.

These aren't issues I normally have with Midway, but the brass is really irritating. All they had to do was list it as "bulk packaged" on their website, and I would not have ordered it. So, I have a new rifle coming in (today, hopefully), and will be waiting another 7+ days, to shoot it, now.

I understand how most order picking systems work, since I've worked in warehouses. I know this was likely just some one that was sick, new, or in a hurry; that made minor errors in grabbing the wrong item numbers (possibly a single digit that was different). I don't care about anything, but that brass. They should have specified that it was bulk packaged.

-I prodded their customer service rep, until they agreed to cover shipping (both ways), and replace the .444 R-P brass with 2 boxes Hornady brass. (She also claims to have sent a correction to the "web team" to update the description, since even she was surprised to see it did not specify the brass was bulk packaged.)
-I'm keeping the nickel-plated .223 brass.
-I'm keeping the extra box of 265 gr FTXs.
-They credited what I paid for the Predator call, and I'll keep the DVD. (Not a big deal to them; it's on clearance for $1.63 right now. )

Page generated in 0.02654 seconds with 8 queries