View Single Post
Old April 6, 2014, 12:35 AM   #21
nanewt02

I cut my thumb working with a large tap when it snapped. It broke sharp. One of the damaged tendons or whatever still won't allow full motion. And there's some tingling in it from the nerves. It ain't worth the cash to have it repaired, il give it awhile to see what it does . I've been to two doctors already. As far as the lawsuits are concerned, I would be worried .The system is so messed up.
I got the barrel today, the threads don't match . I have it turned down to size within .003 inches of the other barrels shank diameter. The only reason it's any smaller is because I had to get rid of the old threads. Should still be fine. This gun isn't worth a trip to the machine shop so I will be modifying a 1/2-28 die to thread the barrel and putting a custom plug In the bore to keep that on center. I will have to grind off final thread of it so it won't remove any extra material since the barrel OD is.5175 and not .5000 . It's not the "proper way to do it " but it's
shooting with just primers, so il live with it. Just waiting on the die .Enlarged the sloppy cylinder pin bore to 7/32 and am making a new one to eliminate as much play as I can.
Put a new shoulder on the barrel and changed it's profile. Will post pics tomorrow. For all the purists on revolver barrels I will be doing it by the book except for thread cutting on a die and homemade jig.

the new barrel sticks too far into the frame to allow the cylinder to fit. By a good 3/16. rather than turn it down to length, I will be shaving the cylinder length down for 2 reasons. 1st and foremost I can keep the existing Forcing cone and not have to recut it. 2nd, with the case trimmed, the primer may provide more velocity since there is less case volume. And now, it will be absolutely impossible to put any commercial case in if.

Last edited by nanewt02; April 6, 2014 at 01:09 AM.

Page generated in 0.03576 seconds with 8 queries