View Single Post
Old October 12, 2011, 08:02 PM   #68
Frank Ettin
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGutzman
...I do think the real issue though is the separation of powers and the ability of the people to have reasonable protection from infringements of rights in a speedy manner...
I have to agree that resolution of matters through the judicial system as currently operating takes to long. Ideas on how to expedite things would be welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaska444
...if you read the Federalist papers, every safeguard placed in the constitution and bill of rights was to prevent the very system we have evolved into. Thus, going by that measuring line, yes, I contend we have slipped away from the original intentions given to us by the founding fathers....
In your opinion. And others may have different opinions, even based on their readings of the same core documents. You think they are wrong, and they think you are wrong. There is a dispute. Do you believe that you get to resolve that dispute by imposing your will upon those who disagree with you?

The thing is that you may have some very good points about the way things ought to be, and I might well agree with you on at least some of them. I certainly have my own objections to big government, the "nanny state", what I believe is misbegotten social engineering by government, etc. But any improvement, from your perspective or from mine, will require effective use of the existing political and judicial mechanisms.

Page generated in 0.03105 seconds with 8 queries