View Single Post
Old September 12, 2013, 07:07 AM   #32
thallub

Quote:
Let me get this straight. Some person with no skill with metals or machine tools is going to take a gun barrel that was bored and rifled on very sophisticated machinery by a skilled machinist and improve it by running some abrasive on a rag thru this finely machined barrel and improve it!!!
Wow!!!!!

Some muzzleloader barrels are very rough from the factory: So much for the "skilled machinist" running "sophisticated machinery" theory. More like lack of quality control and cheap labor turning out product that is hypped through glittery advertising.

Every year i scope and sight in a few dozen muzzleloaders for hunters/shooters. Some of those guns have very rough barrels that are very difficult to load. By running that "abrasive rag" through the barrel a few hundred times the barrel loads much easier.

i find it strange that the roughest barrels are usually on expensive US made muzzleloaders by one maker. Those cheap Spanish made guns with their extruded barrels usually have perfect bores that are easy to load.

Page generated in 0.02615 seconds with 8 queries