View Single Post
Old November 30, 2011, 11:29 PM   #285
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

A lot of times, we have a hearing on motions before the court. These can be enlightening (as we can see by the way the judge handles the hearing), particularly in the outcome of the judges decision.

Much of the time, these hearings can be dull, convoluted and hard to decipher.

Once in a while however, we can see a judge who is not only well versed in the concepts at issue, but a judge who is actually fair (in the common meaning of the term) to both sides of the argument.

Just after Thanksgiving, I was updating a couple of specific cases and came across the release of the transcript of the hearing in the Woolard case. I looked at it (the cost) and decided to use my limited funds to just update a few more dockets, instead. I couldn't have been more wrong if I had tried.

This morning, there was a short discussion about the transcript over at MDShooters. Mark had seen the docket entry but didn't realize that it could be accessed via PACER. I informed him how it worked and he RECAPped the transcript.

Thanks Mark. I really didn't expect you to spend your money on that.

Anyway, if you want to see how an informed and impartial Judge should conduct such a hearing, you can download the transcript, here. The file is 2.6MB in size and 77 pages long.

If you would like to comment on that transcript, we have a thread on Woolard, here.

Page generated in 0.03671 seconds with 8 queries