View Single Post
Old August 7, 2009, 08:10 AM   #17
Joat

Yankee Hill Machine received notice from the BATFE to stop selling suppressor mounts individually.

I was in the market for another QD suppressor mount.

While this letter was not sent to me directly, it does pose a problem for me since I planned to purchase a YHM suppressor and several QD mounts for 308/223

There has not been an official Tech Branch letter at this time.

Quote:
Sir,

Thank you for your interest in our products. Yes, I can confirm that ATF has made us suspend sales of all individual threaded pistons, fixed barrel adapters, 3 lug mounts, and thread adapters. We are awaiting their ruling on QD mounts right now, but were ordered to halt all sales of them till they make a determination. They say that they are a component of a suppressor and therefore can only be sold with a complete suppressor as part of the suppressor. We are not happy about this to say the least and are in the process of appealing their recent decision. They are supposedly going to be looking at all sound suppressor manufacturers in the very near future. We just happened to be the first. This is all the information I have, and I have no idea how long it is going to take for the appeal process.

Thanks,
Tom Camilleri
Sales-Tech
YHM
and

Quote:
We have instructed our sales team not to sell additional mounts at this time. Suppressors are still available for sale and will include one mount of your choice. We cannot comment any further until we have a final determination from the ATF in this matter.

Paul Tetreault
Plant Manager
YHM
Joat

Page generated in 0.03494 seconds with 8 queries