View Single Post
Old September 28, 2002, 10:42 AM   #5
Southla1
Member In Memoriam

First of all Calanctus I have to compliment you on trying to ask questions and readup on reloading before as you put it "even pulling the press handle." If you need to reinforce the reason why I say that just read the first post in the thread in this forum titled B]M-1 Garand goes Kaboom[/B] !

You have advanced light years ahead of the fellow that blew up that fine old rifle. OK on primer and powder disposal.............WD-40 will kill em but I hear that they may "come back to life" after it dries out. Motor oil will cure that problem it don't dry out!

Better than trying to kill them, even though as Mike says they probably are already dead, do you have a body of water around your area? A river, stream, lake etc.? If you do throw em in there. I got that made down here hell half the state is water LOL. Same goes for powder just sweep it up and pitch it in the yard or the ditch.............watch out though it will make the grass grow and then instead or reloading you will have to cut grass .

I would much rather spill powder than gasoline, primers are inherently safe too just don't bang em around.

My late daddy had 2 cases of dynamite sitting in an old shed and one day after checking in there I opened a box of it.............It got my attention...........it was old and had been sitting in the heat for years. The nitro was seeping out of it. I GENTLY took both boxes and walked to the bayou and GENTLY put them in it and let them sink in the boat slip. Told my old man what I did and he went ballistic................not for doing it but because he thought that maybe water would not kill it. He called the sheriff. Shreiff came by after getting the information he said he would hae done the exact same thing LOL.

Be safe Calanctus and watch out because when you start pulling that handle its going to hook you for life.................course there are much worse things to be hooked on! Enjoy it my friend.

Page generated in 0.02416 seconds with 8 queries