View Single Post
Old March 8, 2012, 11:33 AM   #13
TailGator

So the older guy rear-ends the younger guy, then threatens him, punches him to the ground, and the younger guy grapples with him and holds on until police arrive.

It is easy to sit at our keyboards and say that the younger guy shouldn't have gotten out of the car, but I think it is pretty normal to get out and check the damage, and highly unusual to have the other person start an attack. By all accounts I read, this was a pretty minor fender bender.

Grabbing an assailant and hanging on until help arrives so you don't continue to be pummeled seems to me to be a pretty mild response to an aggressor. If some evidence comes forwards that the younger guy new and deliberately applied a hold that interrupted breathing or blood supply to the head, I am willing to reconsider this point.

So the dead guy very likely caused an accident (since he was the one who rear-ended the other guy), attacked the other driver physically after verbally threatening him, and the defender responded with a minimum of force necessary to stop the attack. Yet the family is saying what a great guy he was, how he would never have done what several witnesses actually saw him do, and they want the man who defended himself as best he could with his bare hands charged with murder.

http://www.khou.com/news/Family-Defe...141824643.html

Sheesh.

Page generated in 0.02945 seconds with 8 queries