View Single Post
Old November 29, 2010, 04:51 AM   #46
HiBC

The reload technique I found in some magazine and adopted does have the handgun turned some,and muzzle up,but a full 90 degrees muzzle left is not the plan.An important part of the plan is finger out of the guard,along the slide. Handgun is positioned so I am looking through the triggerguard at my target with the right eye.Muscle memory,feel,and peripheral vision get the mag change done.
I have used this in falling plate competition without comment from the RSO.
DNS,do you ever holster a handgun?At some time,your foot or knee or thigh,or the person behind you when you bend over,will be covered.Do you only carry a hunting long arm pointed near vertical down at the ground,never port arms?I am not suggesting we be sloppy or careless,but I will accept muzzle up and away.At the same time,I will do what I can to avoid ND's
I think the greater point is,all systems of gun handling are fallible.We as humans cannot do anything perfectly every time.So we practice layers of redundancy in safety.
Unload it ,but because you may fail that,check it when you pick it up,but because you may fail that,keep it pointed in a safe direction,but because you may fail that,keep your finger off the trigger...etc.
Lets not get down to only one layer,"Don't worry,it ain't loaded" '

Page generated in 0.02467 seconds with 8 queries