View Single Post
Old January 22, 2006, 02:55 AM   #4
last_stand

I'm the type that listens to my music as loud as I can with my ears pressed against the speaker. I thought I could withstand a lot of noise until I went into the range with my plugs just nonchalantly popped into my ears. I immediately turned around with my hands over my ears and found the exit. So I understand were you're comming from. However, I think its more a matter of feeling the blasts rather than hearing them. The way I see it, if its not accually causing your ears pain, then you should be fine. I try different exorcises while I'm in a booth next to someone with a big gun, like trying to load my clip as fast as I can or just holding my gun out and trying not to jump as a shot rings out. If you like to shoot, my advice would be to get in there as much as you can and try to get used to it. If it becomes overwelming, take a break for a few minutes, go outside and clear your head, then try it again.

I've also found that even "cheap" muffs work better than "good" plugs. Just my experience.

best of luck,
keep it up, you won't regret it

Page generated in 0.01895 seconds with 8 queries