View Single Post
Old May 3, 2014, 12:36 AM   #10
bamaranger

Federal

That 3", 2 oz. load of #7-1/2 was from an early box of Federal "HeavyWeights" when the 2 oz. loads first hit the market. I don't think anybody loads 2 0z of #7-1/2 (lead) shot commercially anymore. I got these, covered in dust, for 1980's prices in a little shop locally that was closing.

Had a good season this year, as far as killing birds goes, but there was a dark side to it as well. Work commanded 9 mornings, Easter another, and at least one AM I got stormed out. So I hunted 4 less mornings than last year. I also blew a morning to oversleeping, though I eventually dragged myself out of bed. There seemed more pressure on the public land I hunt as well. I suppose I should not gripe,as I probably got to hunt more than a lot of guys none the less. And I did make more PM hunts this year, which paid off, as I took most my birds late afternoon.

My hope is to be able to hunt a couple of states in succession in the years to come, following the "green line" north. Texas, Bama, and PA are likely routes for me. We'll see.

Page generated in 0.02500 seconds with 8 queries