View Single Post
Old February 2, 2010, 12:49 PM   #2
JerseyDrez

I cant say I have patterned any type of Mil-type buckshot, nonetheless bought it.

For Buck, I use S&B 00 and 000 which has worked flawlessly for me.

I have always wondered what the difference is between military buck and regular buck, so I searched it on google. I came upon a forum with the OP questioning it, and here was someones answer. Not saying I back this up, but I just thought it was hilarious cause hes so right about his last two statements..

"I've been told that the "military" shotgun ammo showing up is simply contract overruns and inspection rejects that while perfectly serviceable didn't pass military muster. Sorta like those surplus Army boots you might find that have some misaligned seams or gloves that may have a finger slightly too long or short or be the wrong color. Don't know if that is is true or not. If I were Winchester I'd be churning out all of the OD green shells I could from my mil contract production line and sell the overage to the civilian market. I'd charge twice as much for them since they're "tactical". Slap a chunk of picatinny rail on the box and you wouldn't be able to keep them in stock."

"I don't know what situation you'd be in where you'd be facing a bad guy and he'd have the time to notice your laser shaking and evaluate you as having low confidence. "

Page generated in 0.03487 seconds with 8 queries