View Single Post
Old December 24, 2009, 10:59 PM   #1
lemming303

I dropped my Blackhawk, now I am having issues...

I know, dropping it was absolutely horrible and stupid. The worst part is it fell out of the treestand I was in and hit every single rung on the ladder on the way down. I tried to shoot a possum the next day and at 10 ft it hit 6 inches low. This was at a 30 degree downward angle from me to the possum, and it was only about 10 ft away. It is a .45 Colt with regular iron sights, nothing special. I have handloads that are rather hot pushing a .300 grain gas check bullet at around 1150. I had it sighted in at 25 yds before. I have not checked the zero since it fell, however I have boresighted it. I could only do this at around 8 yds (the distance of my living room) and it was 6 to 7 inches low from the laser, but still perfect vertically. At a closer range of about half that distance it was around 3 to 4 inches below the laser. Theoretically, that would mean the trajectory would never come up past the line of sight right? But if that is true, I don't understand how it could have gotten that far off just by dropping it. The front sight does not appear to have moved. It has no provision for vertical adjustment, and is pinned in towards the middle of the sight blade. The rear sight is all of the adjustment, and it is a leaf type. It's possible the screw could have moved, causing the sights to go off, but I still don't see how it could affect it that much. Is it possible that the barrel got bent, causing it to be that off? I seriously hope that is not the issue... I have not fired the pistol besides at the possum. I am going to take it tomorrow and shoot it, and see where it hits at 25 yds. Thanks for any input.

Page generated in 0.02551 seconds with 8 queries