View Single Post
Old June 19, 2001, 12:42 PM   #16
Long Path

Mal makes a good point, even if I've been told about the utter dependability of 2.7 of Bullseye since I was old enough to say "Bullseye".

2" bbl makes a difference, and why go messin' with a gun that otherwise is better than just adequate.

Great point on issue of .38 v. .357 cases. If they're .357 cases, that would make all the difference, wouldn't it?!? However, I don't think that's going to be an issue, given Chap's comments:
Quote:
purchased some winchester match 148 HBWC loaded ammo ($20!!!) to compare to my own, and the crimps are nearly identical. OAL is nearly identical, at the end of the 38 SPL case.
Chap strikes me as a little less dense than that, guys! (Then again, I've pulled some really, really dense stunts in my time-- this would be relatively harmless.)

Say, Chap-- you didn't state whether the bulletholes were perfectly round. There is no easier bullet in the world to discover keyholing with than wadcutters. Round holes equal no key-holing. Any degree of raggedness or off-shaped holes equal some amount of key-holing.

My money's on this being the case, but again, that's not the cause-- just the main symptom.

Best regards,
--L.P.

Page generated in 0.01981 seconds with 8 queries