View Single Post
Old December 6, 2013, 08:27 AM   #24
aarmel732

Taurus success stories:
M689 - .357 6" SS Revolver - Accurate, too many rounds to count, never had an issue. Ever. Best trigger I have ever had among revolvers.
PT738 TCP - .380 mouse gun - 2-4" groups at 7-10 yards. 500 rounds - 2 issues when Dad was shooting attributed to limp wrist, once his grip was right it did not duplicate.
PT22 Poly - .22LR mouse gun - 1-3" groups at 7-10 yards. 1000 rounds - no issues, sold to finance a Ruger Mark 3, don't regret it, but I do miss it and I would buy another.
M94 (something) - .22LR 9 shot 2" ultra lite revolver - 1-3" groups at 7-10 yards. 500 rounds so far, 2 chambers sticky extraction, but a ton of fun. Long heavy DA (rimfire) great SA
M82 - .38 spcl 3" blue revolver - My first gun. Thousands of rounds. After 5000 rounds, the firing pin rounded off. Took to gunsmith, he replaced the pin at no charge, Taurus paid for the repair. Sold to finance above .357.
PT1911 - .45 ACP - fairly new to me on a trade. 150 rounds so far, no issues. PO put dummy reassembly circle in the SS slide and frame though.

Then my favorite:
PT100 / 92 - SS- has .40 lower and a 40 and 9mm upper. Shoot .40, flip a switch change a mag, finish the day with 9x19. Works FLAWLESSLY in both calibers. Accurate, smooth, soft shooting, and the trigger is outstanding.

That revolver you have pictures there is super nice looking. If it shoots, and is reliable, why (essentially with Taurus prices) give it away? A name is just a name on a machine. It is the machine that matters. Believe me, I am a car nut too. I never understood the manufacturer hate. Ford makes some good stuff, so does Chevy, and so does Dodge - but ALL of them have made some real turds too. If you have one that is good, stick with it. If you absolutely do not want to and buy into the hate....well....PM me, I will take that nice revolver from you. I may even pay you for it.

Page generated in 0.03649 seconds with 8 queries