View Single Post
Old May 14, 2001, 06:05 PM   #3
fedaykin

type 2 malf

thanks, i am using a glock 19.

i also have a tungsten guide rod and a wolff 15lb spring in use.

i am using winchester 115gr jhp at 1.090 oal.
with 5.1 grains of winchester super target powder. it averages about 1180fps

i started with this handgun and unfortunately developed this load at the same time, so i have nothing to test it against. i sold a glock 19 to my buddy and he buys my reloads and has had no problems at all with the same load. i have an older glock (generation two) which did not have the slight rebate at the top, front of the breech block (at the locking area)...the newer glocks have this rebate...i noticed that the glock small frame 9mm pistols are the only glocks to have this modification from the factory.

i set the crimp right to where it makes an indentation on the bullet then i back off slowly (using lee factory crimp die) until there is no mark on the bullet after crimping.

well, i am going to test the extractor as well.
i don't notice any bulging of the cases at all.
when i have the malf, every time, the case is stuck perfectly front to rear, or with the base of the case on the breech face and the neck right on the back of the barrel right in the ejection port. like i said, sometimes the brass is throw directly to my front and slightly to the right, but almost right in front of me.

thanks again.

Page generated in 0.06149 seconds with 8 queries