View Single Post
Old July 26, 2012, 09:50 PM   #58
Nanuk

Quote:
One of the uses to which I've put IDPA is in identifying which of my guns actually work best for me with regard to speed and accuracy when moving and/or under time stress.

I do this to determine which guns work best for me, for carry.

I also do this to determine which sight systems I am fastest with.

Note: my fast isn't blazing fast; I don't like trading accuracy for time, so I'm typically midpack speed, but front-pack accuracy.
DITTO

Quote:
I have only watched competitions.
I suggest you participate. Don't take this the wrong way, however, I do not see how you can honestly debate the issue with no experience with the issue.

Quote:
Another thing is that, oddly enough, highly modified handguns sometimes become unreliable.
There are many things that cause malfunctions in semi auto's, bad grip, bad ammo, bad magazine, resting the slide on a barricade, I have actually seen one shooter that made a part for his gun from cardboard after he lost the original, and figured that is what caused his problems.

Cowboy guns are extensively modified. You should see the gamesmen in cowboy shooting yowser...... Which is why I quit that "sport".

Quote:
A good revolver shooter can beat a lot of shooters that are shooting semi autos.
I am a good revolver shooter, shooting the same course of fire my score/time is twice as good with my Glock 40, with the 9mm barrel it is even faster.
My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

Page generated in 0.02419 seconds with 8 queries