View Single Post
Old October 20, 2008, 09:58 AM   #13
Musketeer

Quote:
I feel that allowing faculty/ staff/ students the opportunity to carry on campus could have a benefit, but, as a whole, college campuses are already one of the safest places that a person can be.
I see you are in Rochester, NY. SUNY schools at Stony Brook and Old Westbury have plenty of crimes with a sting of rapes not to long ago at SUNY Old Westbury preying on women going about the campus late at night. I would imagine campuses in the more urban areas of northern NY have similar problems when the lights go out.

The whole concept of a campus being the safest place you can be is laughable to some degree. That is like saying a mobile home on a prairie is the safest place you can be, so long as there are no tornadoes. Campuses are safe until something goes wrong at which point they are completely unsafe and undefended. The reason I carry is because I do not know where or when that will be. Although not in college anymore I know that schools are a prime target for the latest trend attention craving wasted flesh, the rampage killer.

I have never understood why some people insist on my and their BEING less safe so they could FEEL more safe. I chalk it up to 50% of the public making decisions more based on emotion than on logic with another 25% letting their reason be clouded by emotion to a lesser degree.

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

Page generated in 0.02254 seconds with 8 queries