View Single Post
Old March 24, 2013, 06:21 PM   #1
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Scoping a Ruger 22/45?

My local range is considering starting an informal bullseye competition, and this may affect my gun plans. I have a Ruger 22/45 (Mark II? Mine is the generation before Ruger introduced removable grip panels on the 22/45) with a bull barrel and adjustable sights. I've never really card for the gun, I rarely use it, and I was about to put it on the block for sale when the owner announced the bullseye concept.

I'm interested in giving the bullseye a try, and from what I understand the Ruger rimfires are pretty decent entry level bullseye pistols. So I guess I'll hold onto the gun for awhile.

Talking to a friend who is a serious bullseye competitor, he mentioned that most older shooters (he meant himself, and I'm at least 15 years older than he is) have gone over to red dot sights for bullseye. So I'd like to be able to mount a modest red dot of some sort on my 22/45. It isn't drilled and tapped for rings. Can anyone point me at a reasonably-priced Weaver/Picatinny rail that can be attached to a Ruger rimfire with bull barrel?

Page generated in 0.03288 seconds with 8 queries