View Single Post
Old December 16, 2012, 11:34 AM   #4
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH/CIB
I have my firearms insurance through Armed Forces Insurance out of Leavenworth, Kansas, and you do have to be a Veteran to get insurance through them…My firearms insurance is exactly the same as my household insurance, as there is no special rider, no special fees or additional cost and no scheduling of firearms. My firearms are covered under my personal property along with everything else in my house, for example my dwelling or house is covered by $210,000 and my personal property in the house is covered $210,000 and my annual premium is $731. Now my gun collection is worth nowhere near $210,000, however if it were it would be covered for that amount. Realize also that if someone were to steal everything in the house or a fire or wind destroy everything in the house, kind of hard to do with an alarm system and the police and fire only minutes away, that $210,000 would have to cover not only my gun collection but everything else in the house also. This coverage also covers all my riflescopes, binoculars, spotting scopes, gun cases, stored ammunition, everything firearm related and does not cost me anything more than my annual house insurance premium of $731,
Your explanation of your coverage is VERY unclear, but it appears that you do NOT have special coverage for your guns, it sounds like they are just lumped in with your personal property under a single coverage with a total limit of $210,000. That's not great.

I'll add a second vote for Collectors Insurance Agency (www.collectinsure.com).

Page generated in 0.02959 seconds with 8 queries