Thread: Patriot - POF
View Single Post
Old September 5, 2012, 10:50 PM   #4
Basement-Gunsmith-Z

I have several POF guns, two of which i recently bought. Since POF stopped using hogan their quality IMPROVED. My p415 18 inch barrel is consistently shooting 2/3 MOA, and Same with a p308. Heck you can hita 16 inch plate at a mile with a p308. I have also seen NO problems with heat stringing.

The barrels aren't melonite treated, they're case hardened to around 70 RC. The case hardening process doesn't affect the shape of the bore so accuracy is still outstanding. Most of their barrels last well over 20k rounds without losing accuracy. I like the np3 plated bolt carriers too. And a monolithic rail is nice.

Overall I have nothing bad to say about POF. I think they're past their growing pains now and aren't going anywhere. The only problem i have seen is that there is sometimes a bit of play between the receivers, You can fix it with an accuwedge, bedding the lower, or with an oversized pin.

Compared to Larue, Noveske, and other ARs they match the quality and accuracy for a better price. Plus they come with more goodies than the other two: np3, piston, fully ambidextrous. And they're only about .5 pounds heavier than a larue obr with the piston system and full ambidextrous controls.

I actually use my p415 with an 18 inch barrel out to 1000 yards and can hit a 16 inch steel plate every time. And by hit i don't mean ding the edge, i mean hit the thing. You can get a p415 for around $1700 to $1800 if you look around.

Last edited by Basement-Gunsmith-Z; September 5, 2012 at 11:02 PM.

Page generated in 0.02129 seconds with 8 queries