View Single Post
Old February 6, 2012, 01:00 PM   #66
Elkins45

Quote:
Don't know, but the Lee expander die David pictured may be a Lee expander before the Powder Thru Expander. If so, the screw may be to keep the stem from coming out.
That's my take as well. Don't you imagine they just produced one universal expander die body and then screwed in the appropriate expander and then stamped the correct caliber on it?

This thread has been very interesting to me because the first set if Lee dies I bought were for 44 magnum back in 1988 and they have a knurled aluminum seater stem. David's plastic specimen must have really been from back in the day.

I didn't vote in the poll because here wasn't an answer choice of "it depends". I own more Lee dies than any other brand, but I really like the floating seater sleeve in Hornady dies. For pistol dies Lee wins hand's down because of he powder through expanding die that lets me use my Auto Disk measure. I own several sets of RCBS pistol dies and I have replaced the seater in all of he with a Lee so I can use them in my turret press.

Page generated in 0.03887 seconds with 8 queries