View Single Post
Old March 11, 2009, 11:37 PM   #69
Wagonman

Quote:
If I understand your statement correctly, you think its not that bad for a cop to kill an innocent person, provided it really was an accident? You think an accidental killing by a cop should not be a crime? You Sir, disturb me deeply, and I hope to never visit the city where you claim to be an officer.
Today 04:27 PM
You don't understand my statement correctly. Of course, it would be bad for an innocent person to be killed accidentally. It would be a "crime" however, what you miss is the totality of circumstances aspect of situations. A Police Officer REASONABLY carrying out his duties and something untoward happens should be ajudicated. But, the penalty if any should be very slight.

I have said from the beginning that NKWs that go awry are wrong and there should be administrative sanctions against Police Officers involved.
However, the piling on of hostility is concerning.

Quote:
This sounds to me like someone on the public payroll refusing to do his/her job. That would - or should - be grounds for firing said public employee. Certainly, if I had ever refused to do my job as a political statement (I spent my career in the private sector) I would have been fired.

It is not enough to operate in good faith and exercise bad judgment, or worse. When anyone is given such power and authority, he had better be competent to handle it or be prepared to suffer the consequences. If you are not prepared for that, I suggest you resign before you do further harm.
Today 04:48 PM
No it is not refusing to do my job. My job is to enforce laws, make arrests and document criminal activity.

There is a huge difference between answering my radio calls and patrolling my beat and doing Police work.

De-Policing is not a political statement it is being minimally observant of the climate you operate in
How dare you insinuate I am not prepared for the job I have been doing for over twelve years spent mostly in areas you would be hesitant to frequent.

Quote:
What time and money? All it takes is some mall ninja costumes and a drug habit. Do you ever read the newspapers?
Actually I don't read Newspapers anymore, way too liberal and sensational for me.

You are incorrect. there is a difference between several hypes and guys you might mistake for a bona fide SWAT team.

Last edited by Wagonman; March 11, 2009 at 11:45 PM.

Page generated in 0.03351 seconds with 8 queries