View Single Post
Old December 3, 2012, 08:57 PM   #1
orionengnr

First experience with Powder Valley

I have been handloading for going on four years now, but have always bought powder and primers locally.

A friend (whom I got into reloading a bit over a year ago) decided to give it a try. Each of us got 5k Winchester LP primers, he bought a 4-lb jug of 231, and I bought a one-pound bottle of three different powders.

Order was placed the 29th, and it showed up today. Everything was there, good packaging, but it had so many ominous-looking stickers on it that I'm pretty sure the UPS guy felt like he was driving around with a hydrogen bomb in his truck. Powder Valley said that it would require a signature for delivery, but it did not. More likely, he tiptoed up to the porch, set it down gently and ran like Hell. Dogs alerted me to the fact that someone was here, but by the time I got to the door, the truck was out of sight.

Including HazMat fee, shipping and insurance, I was still ahead compared to buying at the Gun Show or the local gun shops.

More importantly, they had everything we wanted, one-stop shopping. I think I will be doing this again.

If this is in the wrong place, I apologize. Feel free to move.

Page generated in 0.02519 seconds with 8 queries