View Single Post
Old January 19, 2000, 05:55 PM   #31
jnix

Well this is a tricky one. I would probably shoot low with my 12ga OO buck or maybe something lighter, at about knee or shin level. This way it will give the police enough time to get there and if it was the police or BATF they would certainly announce their presence.
Now I live in Washington state and I have read some interesting stories about our laws and defending property.
1. A guy I used to work with at the grocery store got his car broken into alot, so he goes out and buys an alarm for his car, it wasn't a normal alarm that makes noises no his is completely silent it has no warning or anything that there is an alarm, all it does is call his pager.
Well one late night his pager goes off and he looks outside and sees someone breaking into his car. This is when it gets good, he grabs a baseball bat and goes out the back of his house to sneak up on the guy. When he gets to the car he sees the guys legs sticking out of the car.( you know like he was looking under the seat ). He takes that bat and breaks both the guys knees. You know what the verdict was, he gets 365 days in jail and a masive fine for assault & battery. Apparently the judge considered it deadly force and you cannot us deadly force in defense of property in Washington. Tell me is that screwed up or what?
2. A good friend of my dads had a puppy, to keep the puppy out of the kitchen he had a 3 foot piece of plywood in the doorway. One night he hears some thing in his kitchen and he gets up thinking it was the puppy. Well it was a burglar out there. My dads friend walks out there and apparently scares the burglar, the burglar runs and trips over the plywood divider and breaks his leg. Later my dads friend is sued and looses a lawsuit. The plywood divider was a "safety hazard". Again do we have a screwed up judicial system or what?
I conclusion I would pray that I have a good layer before I shoot. Or call an attorney along with 911.

------------------
"Guns don't kill people the government does", Rusty Shackleford.

Page generated in 0.02259 seconds with 8 queries