View Single Post
Old August 11, 2014, 01:26 PM   #14
Theohazard

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvymax
Unless I am expecting trouble I usually carry chamber empty because all I have to do is drop the mag to make safe for transport. Sometimes I have to transition several times a day.
Wait, are you saying that you don't check the chamber when you unload the mag? That's what it sounds like to me; because if you did check the chamber then it would be just as fast to unload with a round in the chamber than without.

And when you say "expecting trouble", what exactly do you mean? The whole point of carrying a gun is to be prepared to defend yourself at any time. You don't get to pick the time or place.

Your method seems like a terrible idea to me. First, it's extremely unsafe to assume a gun is unloaded just by dropping the mag. And second, it's a very bad idea to carry one way sometimes and another way at other times. If you don't carry the same way every time, you're introducing a needlessly complex manual of arms that can really mess you up under stress. I think it's generally a bad idea to carry without a round in the chamber, but if you're going to do it, do it all the time.

Page generated in 0.02640 seconds with 8 queries