View Single Post
Old July 13, 2013, 07:20 AM   #10
ROCK6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Ettin

The OP's great uncle had the opportunity to comply with the law. Now he has the opportunity to challenge the law in court if he is willing to spend the time and the considerable amount of money such a challenge would require. And given the ruling in Runyan, as cited by Vanya, a successful challenge is a somewhat doubtful proposition.
Thanks Frank, I don't disagree with your comments...not being from the area, it just surprises me. The take-away is that laws are laws and you can stick your head in the sand politically, but that is no excuse for ignorance or not complying.

The only thing I would debate is the confiscation. They physically confiscated the firearms whether it was temporary or not, it is what it is regardless of the law. When will the nonsense bleed over to other "safety violations"? It's easy with gun owners to be a target, but when someone gets their car confiscated because it wasn't locked and could have been stolen and used as deadly weapon it may get attention...oh, and the individual would also lose their driver's license permanently and can never own another car.

They are in no way financially able to fight the charge and as you mentioned, it's not a high probability to even win such a fight. As stupid as the law is, at least they do give you a year to "dispose" of the firearms. His brother in law in Florida will take possession and my wife's father is encouraging him to move to FL.

So, in some places, you now have lost your pursuit of happiness and liberty...hopefully the sheep will wake up when life is no longer a right.

ROCK6

Page generated in 0.02251 seconds with 8 queries