View Single Post
Old April 27, 2013, 04:15 PM   #4
spacemanspiff

Quote:
If I am not authorized to use deadly force, than what options would I have?
If you are Batman, then you always have something on your utility belt to aid your in your defense. But none of us are Batman.
Some of us mentally and physically prepare multiple defense options. Some of us put if off because theres more important things we gotta get done. Some of us put all our faith and trust in the gun and believe that suriviving the hazardous situation is all that matters ('better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6').

Your question indicates that you are looking for an answer that will keep you within the confines of the law, justifiable use of force. Learning what the law says, and properly interpreting it are two different things. It is yet even different when you pull into the equation 'how does your local prosecutors interpret the law?'

I note that in the excerpts provided by Spats, Kentuckys laws are rather straight forward. Not necessarily so in the case of other states, such as mine. My states laws are peppered with phrases like 'affirmable defense'. Which means that even though you may feel you are in the right using deadly force in self defense, you could very well be arrested, charged with crimes, face a grand jury, even go to trial, but your defense (if offered by a quality attorney) could be made that you acted lawfully. Expect a prosecutor to try and prove you wrong though.

So, learn your states laws, talk to attorneys versed in the use of force.

Page generated in 0.02188 seconds with 8 queries