View Single Post
Old July 6, 2015, 12:50 PM   #2
bedbugbilly

Don't have an answer as to why the listings are shrinking at Cabelas in regards to Pietta. But, a good example is the Uberti makes. Taylor, Cimarrons, etc. supply depends on what they can get. I wanted a 32-20 Cattleman a while back. Called Taylors and they had one left that was unspoken for in the next shipment that was coming in to them two days later. I couldn't speak for it as I was out of state and couldn't get a FFL transfer arranged in time so I waited. It may be that the supply of the BP Piettas just couldn't keep up with the demand?

I have a New Vaquero as well in 357. Great handgun. To each their own but as much as I like SA revolvers . . .I am not confident in carrying one for SD. Not in today's world where many that you might be facing would be armed with a high capacity semi-auto. Yes . . .it may have been "good enough in the day" . . but "in the day" everyone else was armed with a SA as well. I'm licensed and carry in two states. I'm pretty much a "revolver guy" but I carry a good DA revolver and train in DA. Even though I like my S & Ws for carry, I'm getting ready to switch to a good semi-auto with a higher capacity and the capability to switch out magazines quickly. But again . . . what to carry is a personal decision and the good lord willing, a person will never have to use their handgun in a SD situation.
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63

Page generated in 0.03243 seconds with 8 queries