View Single Post
Old May 26, 2012, 05:28 PM   #4
prof marvel

Greetings Viperbl1

No offense intended, but with less than 6 weeks to airing on Independance Day, this speaks very poorly of any planning, let alone safety considerations; and the lack of time further implies that those filmed will have virtually no opportunity for review or input, let alone yea/nay over the final product.

Having been filmed in the past by news & documentary crews with no say over the final product I have seen firsthand the unfortunate results being aired, and I was most unhappy.

Even simple editing with no evil intentions can result in dramatic changes, sometimes disasterous. I am sure many folks have seen similar situations in "the news" .

For example, In recent years a local station interviewed a Forest Service spokeperson regarding a 10 acre fire - the heavily editted version that aired made it sound as tho the Forest Service was ignoring the fire entirely, when in fact they were on the scene and had it virtually out.

I had discussions with others (whom I admire and whose opinions I value) that have similarly appeared "in public" or "on camera" or both and who were, shall I say, "misrepresented".

Thus a number of us decline from such offers.

However, you may find some who so crave any camera time that they would be willing.

Just my views, and as always, your milage may vary.
Good Luck in your effort, and Safety First.

yhs
prof marvel

Page generated in 0.02451 seconds with 8 queries