View Single Post
Old May 30, 1999, 10:24 PM   #4
Rob Pincus

Well, there is Braggin rights. 'sides, If I keep shooting the qualifier in my preferred style, I'll be stuck in Marksman class forever and I prefer using a Stock gun.

A buddy and I shot revolvers and we were the only ones, but we still compared our revolver scores with everyone else's score to see where we stood, regardless of what they were using. We all have to go home at the end of the match, and the Bad Guys could visit ANYONE.. I haven't noticed that the smarter or more armed bad guys only go after the higher ranked shooters, or the guys with "better" guns.

If some guy has qualified as a master and is using a perfectly tuned and ported 1911 with precisely controlled, minimum recoil, handloads in Custom Defensive Pistol and he doesn't come out HOA, let alone loses to a guy with a stock pistol, I'd say he'd have some looking in the mirror to do. Unless he is just there for fun, in which case, I guess he'd leave his "1st place Master CDP" Trophy on the table at the end of the day, right?

(BTW- there was no Master shooter at the match, and I don't think there were any over-worked, ported 1911s, so that was completely hypothetical)

------------------
-Essayons

Page generated in 0.03940 seconds with 8 queries