View Single Post
Old May 19, 2008, 09:42 PM   #1
rburch

Can I use my guns for CAS?

I'm interested in cowboy action shooting, there's a group near me, but I was wondering what I need?

I can do a workable outfit, but will need leather. (want to wait till I actually have guns to put in them)

I also have a Marlin 1894 in .44 mag that's my deer rifle, it has a scope on it, but I can pull that off no problem. Just wondering if this would be a legal gun to use?

I also have 2 1897 pumpguns, one was my great-grandad's and it's mid restoration now. But it's 16ga which is more expensive to shoot, and it's a family heirloom, so I'm not sure I'd want to use it.

Oh, could I shoot .44 special out of the Marlin?

The other is my grandfather's 12 ga and it's good to go. It'll work, but it's the really fancy finished version. Kinda like this one:

Would CAS mess up the finish of this gun??

Now I'd still need 2 pistols, which I don't have. Thinking Rugers, but depends on what I find in the used sections of my local shops.

So anyway what I really want to know is can I use the rifle and is the shotgun a good idea?

Last edited by rburch; May 19, 2008 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Add the last bit about ammo.

Page generated in 0.02942 seconds with 8 queries