View Single Post
Old August 18, 2014, 08:36 PM   #83
Jaywalker

I own both the Glock G19 and the CZ75 Pcr, and have owned a Beretta 92 Compact, but have sold the Beretta.

The G19's trigger was bad when I got it, but cost only about $140 to make it great - a Glocktrigger's Guardian trigger kit that could be installed easily, locally.

The CZ Pcr feels great, but it really needs some gunsmith attention. At the present time I'm trying to decide whether to do that or to sell it. The trigger reach, even with the piece at half-cock, is pretty long; Cajun Gun Works sells a Reach Reduction Kit, and it could really use it.

The trigger is pretty gritty, and that could use some looking at, too. Figure $200, plus shipping, if necessary, or shoot it a thousand times to clean it up - that's not free, either.

Both need sight replacements. The Glock has plastic "dovetail protectors" in place, but are pretty good, if vulnerable to damage. With the Pcr's sights I just cannot get a sight picture due to being unable to see daylight around the front sight.

I think the CZ has plenty of promise, but would need more $ to get it to to the promised land than the Glock. The Glock would also likely be easier to sell if you decide you'd made a mistake with it, and cheaper to use - magazine, parts, etc. For one pistol, I'd choose the Glock, though if I could have two of them, or could afford more bucks, the Glock wouldn't be one of them - it'd be a Browning HiPower and a J-frame, FWIW.

Last edited by Jaywalker; August 18, 2014 at 08:54 PM.

Page generated in 0.03657 seconds with 8 queries