View Single Post
Old October 30, 2005, 08:07 PM   #24
gddyup

Quote:
I think the question has been answered and answered very well. Only will add that in this town (and perhaps others) some of the mutts breaking into vehicles carry and use a spring loaded center punch (like you can buy at Home Depot) and use that tool to shatter the side windows of locked cars and trucks.
If you want to do it right without attracting too much attention, then you also carry a role of duct tape and duct tape the window before using your punch on it. The tape will hold all the shards together and keep the window from making a lot of noise when you smash it with the punch. We use tape on the window if we can to help keep the shards from splashing all over the occupants when doing an extrication. Works great when you have enough time to use it...

"Good judgement comes from experience and experience comes from poor judgement" - Unknown.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert A. Heinlein

Page generated in 0.04207 seconds with 8 queries