View Single Post
Old March 19, 2006, 08:40 AM   #5
threefivesevenmag

I have seen a lot of terrible shooting. Probably everytime I go to the range.

Usually, the best shots are the old-timers that have 1911s. They usually are shooting bullseye style though, but I have seen them in other stances.

The crowd I see that shoots like crap the most are: younger guys, guys training their girlfriends, and people with tactical plastic.

Most people with Glocks, Sigs, HKs, and even XDs aren't very good usually. I am talking @ 7 yeards missing the target or they have foot wide groups if you could call it that.

I don't think they go to work on their skills. They go to have an adrenaline rush by shooting, look cool with their lady, or just try to be "badass" with their tacti-cool pieces. It's very sad and I would not want any of them with a firearm on the street or protecting me.

Also, most of them choose calibers which they cannot control and would be better off with a lighter caliber.

And finally, last time I was there, there was a LEO teaching his girlfriend to shoot a "12 gauge" and trying to show his skills. At 7 yards he missed the entire silhouette target with 5 shots. He hit the corners of the paper and the arm of the target. It was the saddest thing I have ever seen while shooting at the range. And he thought he was good, and was just having an "off" day. I know I have off days, as everyone does...but man, missing with a long arm at that distance, that many times....was just not right.

Page generated in 0.02836 seconds with 8 queries