View Single Post
Old September 18, 2005, 05:40 PM   #55
Charles S

Butch,

I am a hunter. I love being around hunters, but I don’t think I would like you. I don’t know,
I am judging your personality based on one thread.

I cannot stand your judgmental attitude. Your way is obviously the only way that is correct.

Hunters are having a tough time. There are fewer and fewer of us. I firmly believe that we should embrace each other, and utilize our knowledge to teach, and foster the sport, not to belittle those who don’t do it like we do.

I personally admire those who choose to make their own bows, and arrows and shoot traditional points. Have I attainted that level of skill, no, but I am working toward that! According to you I should just stop hunting until I achieve that level.

I shoot a recurve bow. That is a technologic advantage over a longbow. I guess I am wrong for that.

You never answered the question about your use of camouflage.

I walk in to my stands. I carry my stands in. I still hunt.

Do I look down on others who choose to rifle hunt from stands over feeders and utlize ATVs, no. I try to teach and encourage every rifle hunter I meet. Maybe some will become bow hunters, some will become traditional black powder shooters, some will learn to still hunt.

Until you make your own clothing, walk to your hunting area from your home, make your own powder, and make your own firearm, I suggest you get off your high horse and embrace our sport, our comradery, and use your knowledge to teach, not to judge and belittle.

My 2 cents.

Charles

Page generated in 0.04045 seconds with 8 queries