View Single Post
Old July 5, 2013, 05:47 AM   #18
Old Stony

I remember the video with the guy getting shot with the .308 while standing on one foot. If I remember, he put a steel plate under the vest to keep himself from getting really bruised, but the vest stopped the bullet. He did the same thing, holding a .44 S&W himself and put a big phone book under the vest to avoid bruising. In neither instance was he moved backwards by the impact of the rounds.
It has been a long time ago that I watched that, but I think the fellow that was demonstrating this had developed the Second Chance vests and was promoting them.
There was also a fellow interviewed that took an errant bolt from a .50 cal rifle completely through his midsection and said it didn't knock him over either. He survived to shoot another day.
Sometimes what we see as reactions in game after being shot can be very deceiving. I've seen deer jump probably 3 feet in the air after the bullet impacted, but just figured it to be a reaction. While none of us want to be called to task about our observations, and some might even get a little testy over it, if we take the time to consider all the options we might get a little better perspective and learn from it all.

Page generated in 0.02387 seconds with 8 queries